Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Play

You are probably as guilty as I am off not whole heartedly playing with your dog. So often we half ass play. Absent mindedly tossing the ball or toy so that the dog is tired and we can sit in front of the computer or TV. When was the last time you got on the floor and wrestled? Really gave you dog a run for their money on tug? or Hunted for little bits of food you'd thrown around the floor. I've really been thinking about this as of late. I tend to not even look at my dog or pause in my conversation when playing fetch. How rude! I've begun to play like no one is watching me. Like there is no tomorrow. On all fours play bowing and chasing like a puppy. Play can be fundamental relationship builder and they know when you're not all there. So do your relationship a favor and really play with your dog. Chase that squirrel up that tree, lay in the grass, or tug as if you life depended on it. Your dog will thank you for it.

No comments: